Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Services Provided

  • Treatment
  • Prevention
  • Intervention

What You Can Do

  • Call CADAS at 461-5223 and ask to be scheduled for an assessment of your alcohol and/or drug use.

Alcoholism and Drug Addiction (CADAS)

The Center for Alcoholism and Drug Addiction Services (CADAS) provides substance abuse treatment, problem gambling treatment, prevention, and intervention services to help individuals and families respond to the devastation of alcohol, gambling and chemical dependency.

Whatever the level of care, clients participate in individual and group counseling, lecture and discussion groups, family counseling, and other services. Most Montgomery County residents are eligible for services. Fees are adjusted based upon their ability to pay. Individuals living outside Montgomery County can also receive treatment, but must pay for services either through Medicaid that includes substance abuse treatment or some other payment form. (CADAS does not accept private insurance.)

Partnerships / Collaboration / Community Involvement

To support students desiring to work in the field of addictions, CADAS is the practicum site for Sinclair, Wright State and University of Dayton students. Staff served on a number of committees including:

  • Prostitution Intervention Collaborative
  • Opening Doors for the Homeless Advisory Committee
  • Montgomery County’s Suicide Prevention Coalition
  • Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas Drug Court
  • Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Task Force
  • Montgomery County Drug Poisoning Coalition
  • Sinclair Community College’s Mental Health Technology Advisory Committee
  • OSAM Focus Group

CADAS works closely with all Montgomery County Municipal and Common Pleas Probation Departments, Children’s Services Board, DODA, Mount Olive, Homefull, Places, the Job Center, OASIS House, and many others to help meet our clients’ needs. CADAS has a close relationship with a variety of abstinence-based support systems, including AA, NA, and Al-Anon.

Common Questions

What do I need to do to receive CADAS services?
Call CADAS at (937) 461-5223 and ask to be scheduled for an assessment of your alcohol and/or drug use. The assessment will be completed by a person licensed to diagnose substance use problems. That person will discuss with you a treatment recommendation if one is needed and offer a treatment program. If you are a resident of Montgomery County, without insurance you will need to apply for Medicaid Benefits. (with substance abuse services included). If you are not eligible for Medicaid, fees will be adjusted based on the ability to pay. Treatment is also available to those living outside Montgomery County who have Medicaid (with substance abuse treatment) or are willing to pay for services received. Gambling services are free for Ohio residents.
Diagnosis... What does that mean?
Depending upon the number and kinds of problems a person is experiencing as a result of the alcohol, gambling and/or other drug use, a diagnosis of either “abuse” or “dependence” is made by a chemical dependency professional.
How long are the various treatment programs?
That is a good question and one that is not answered easily. Generally, the Adult Outpatient Program lasts approximately 16 weeks. However, this varies by the individual’s commitment to change, progress in treatment and the severity of the problems experienced when using. Some individuals with an “abuse” diagnosis may have a shorter outpatient involvement.
More Common Questions

Downloadable Files

AOD Task Force report
On January 25, 2011 the County Commissioners approved the Montgomery County Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Abuse Task Force report. NOTE: File is in PDF format. Size is > 15 megabytes.