The Communicable Disease Reporting Program monitors the occurrence of contagious illnesses within Montgomery County. Our team gathers reports of diseases in the community, interviews people with disease, and conducts follow-up investigations to determine the source of infection.
The Communicable Disease staff makes recommendations for the treatment of cases and prophylaxis of contacts, educates the public about disease transmission, and provides timely and accurate information to the community to avert outbreaks.
We work closely with hospitals, physician offices, urgent cares, schools and daycares in Montgomery County to help prevent and control the spread of diseases and protect the health of our community.
All reportable diseases should be reported to the Communicable Disease Reporting Nurse by telephone, mail or fax during normal business hours.
To report a communicable disease:
- Gather reports of diseases in Montgomery County
- Conduct interviews to determine source and possible spread of infection
- Provide education to the public and healthcare practitioners about prevention of diseases and provide recommendations for treatment and isolation
- Ohio Department of Health
- CDC - Comprehensive information on infectious diseases and general information on healthy living.
- PandemicFlu.gov - Information to assist you in preparation for a possible pandemic flu outbreak.
- Henry the Hand - Excellent educational tool to explain hand hygiene.
- Infectious Disease Control Manual - From the Ohio Department of Health.
- Why don't we do it in our sleeves? - Excellent and fun video to help educate your children or students.
- Communicable Disease Fact Sheets - From the New York Department of Health.