The Construction and Demolition Debris Program inspects all open and closed construction and demolition debris landfills within Montgomery County to ensure that disposal is protective of the environment and the public’s health. In addition, selected private wells near disposal sites are sampled to monitor ground water quality and complaints of open dumping are investigated.


Report open dumping by calling Public Health at (937) 225-4362.




What is construction and demolition debris?

Construction and demolition debris (abbreviated as C&DD) is waste material that results from the construction or demolition of buildings. It includes items such as lumber, plaster, brick and roofing shingles. It does not include hazardous waste, asbestos, furniture and appliances, or trash and garbage, which must be disposed of separately.

Where can construction and demolition debris be disposed of?

C&DD must be disposed of in a facility licensed and inspected by Public Health or the Ohio EPA.

Are there licensed C&DD disposal facilities in Montgomery County?

Yes. Montgomery County currently has four operating landfills which are specifically licensed for construction and demolition debris.

  • Eckhart Road C&DD Facility, Eckhart Road, Germantown, OH; Phone: 855-2227
  • S.R.I., Inc., 1550 Soldiers Home-W. Carrollton Road, Dayton OH; Phone: 268-8991
  • Taylorsville Road Hardfill, 4252 Taylorsville Road, Huber Heights, OH; Phone: 233-7500
  • Vance Environmental, Ltd., 2101 Vance Road, Dayton, OH; Phone: 263-1011

What is “clean hard fill?”

Clean hard fill consists of concrete, asphalt, brick, block, tile and stone which is free of other types of waste.

Must “clean hard fill” be disposed of at a licensed facility?

No. If it is free of other waste, it does not need to go to a licensed facility. However, many C&DD facilities have a separate area designated for clean hard fill disposal or recycling.

Can I bring in concrete to fill my property?

Probably. Concrete and other clean hard fill may be brought onto a site to raise the grade if certain standards are followed. The filling operation cannot create a public health nuisance, violate wetlands and floodplain laws or local zoning codes. Public Health must be notified in writing prior to the start of filling. (See OEPA Fact Sheet in 'Files'.)


Go To Top