LGBTQ+ YOUTH PROM
LGBTQ+ people want to attend Prom with the person of their choice and not be restricted by binary gender or sexual orientation rules and roles. Here's a chance to do it! Miami Valley students in grades 9 through 12 can attend the LGBTQ+ Youth Prom for a fun night with the highschooler(s) of their choosing. Come by yourself, as a couple or with friends . . . you're welcome here . . no matter who you are or who you love! We'll have a DJ, prizes, photo booth, merch and some food in our beautiful downtown Dayton Metro Library.
High School Students: Please click this link to provide your input on how to make the Prom more fun!
ADULT SECOND CHANCE PROM
And it's not only for youth. There is a separate Second Chance Prom held in another part of the library for older adults, most of whom never had the opportunity to attend Prom with the person they wanted.
Adult Second Chance attendees: Please click this link to provide your input on how to make the Second Chance Prom more fun!
Don't miss it . . . . . get dressed up and shine with pride at the Prom!
- Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
- For the Youth Prom, you and your guests must be high school students in grades 9 - 12. You should bring your student ID with you to the Prom.
- For the adults Second Chance Prom, there are no age restrictions, but you should have your ID on your person and be prepared to show it if asked.
- What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- The library is on a major bus route. The library has a FREE underground parking garage that you enter from St. Clair St. on the side of the library. There is street parking that is free on the weekends.
- Is there anything that I am NOT allowed to bring to the Prom at the library?
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs and weapons are not allowed to be brought into the event. Any violation of this rule will result in immediate removal from the library. Food and refreshments will be provided so there is no need to bring any sort of food or beverages.
- What's the refund policy?
- Student tickets are free. Adults attending the Second Chance Prom may request refunds up until March 25. After that date, no refunds will be issued.
- Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- Yes, please bring your printed ticket with you to the Prom.
- Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
- No, your ticket(s) are NOT transferrable to others.
- Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
- For high school students: Only if you prefer a different name than the official name on your student ID, but tickets are not transferrable, so the person using the ticket must be able to show that they are the person listed on the ticket.
- For adults attending the Second Chance Prom: the name on your ticket should match the person who attends. Tickets are not transferrable to others unless you make prior arrangements with the Prom organizer by emailing .
Dayton Metro Library - Main
215 East 3rd Street Dayton, OH 45402