DO YOU NEED A SAFE PLACE FOR YOUR BABY TO SLEEP
Families must meet the following requirements to participate in the Safe Sleep Program:
- Have no other safe sleep space such as crib, pack 'n play or bassinet or ability to obtain one
- Families eligible for receiving government assistance such as WIC, Medicaid, etc
- At least 32 weeks pregnant or a child under 6 months of age
- Receive safe sleep education and complete required paperwork
- One pack 'n play or cribette per child
In Ohio, three babies die each week in unsafe sleep environments. These deaths are preventable by keeping in mind a few safe sleep ABC’s:
Babies are safest Alone, on their Back, in an empty Crib.
Public Health – Dayton & Montgomery County, in collaboration with Ohio Department of Health and Cribs for Kids is providing Infant Survival Kits to parents and caregivers in our community. The Infant Survival Kit includes a cribette, fitted sheet, sleep sack and educational safe sleep material.