April 2018 – Greater Dayton Region Minority Health Month Calendar of Events
Partnering For Health Equity!
Minority Health Month (MHM) was created in April 1989. It is a 30-day inclusive, high-visibility wellness campaign. In 2000, MHM
became a national celebration. Everyone is welcome to participate in all events, which are free and open to the community.
The Five Goals of Minority Health Month are:
• Provide crucial information to allow individuals to practice disease prevention
• Promote healthy lifestyles
• Showcase healthcare providers and resources
• Highlight the unequal health of Ohio’s minorities compared to non-minorities
• Increase ongoing community support to improve minority health
ANNOUNCING THE GREATER DAYTON MINORITY HEALTH MONTH KICK-OFF!
Public Health will Kick-off Minority Health Month on Saturday, April 7, from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm at The Neon Theatre!
We will show a free movie, “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks”, starring Oprah Winfrey!
Please come and bring a friend! First 50 get a $10 gift card!
Get the full Minority Health Month Calendar!
pdf 2018 Minority Month Calendar (1.72 MB)