The Dayton & Montgomery County Local Office of Minority Health is a program funded by a grant from the Ohio Commission on Minority Health, in partnership with Public Health – Dayton & Montgomery County.
In 2007, the Ohio Commission on Minority Health (OCMH) moved to create an infrastructure and presence at the local level through the establishment of the Local Offices on Minority Health within urban areas in Ohio. This initiative became the first of its kind by a state agency in the nation. In an effort to develop a model for the nation, the OCMH spearheaded the creation of national performance standards and/or core competencies for Local Offices on Minority Health in collaboration with the National Association of State Offices of Minority Health (NASOMH). The program is dedicated to eliminating health disparities in minority communities through monitoring and reporting the health status of minority populations, informing, educating and empowering people, mobilizing community partnerships and actions, and developing policies and plans to support health efforts.
- Asian or Pacific Islander
- Black or African American
- Native American or Indigenous
- Cardiovascular disease
- Infant mortality
- Substance abuse
Provides leadership that is dedicated to reducing and eliminating disparities and inequities in the health status of the minoritized populations within the City of Dayton and Montgomery County.
Strives to achieve health equity for both the City of Dayton’s and Montgomery County’s minoritized populations.
- Monitor and report on the health status of minoritized populations
- Inform, educate, and empower the local community on minority health topic
- Mobilize community partnerships and actions to combat health disparities and inequities
- Develop policies and plans to support minority health efforts
- Pursue opportunities to foster greater sustainability among program initiatives
Want to get in touch with us?
Fabrice Juin, Coordinator for the Local Office of Minority Health
- Office: (937) 225-4962
Commission on Minority Health
Like us on Facebook!
- National Partnership for Action to End Health Disparities - Established to mobilize a national, sustained approach to combating health disparities and move the nation toward achieving health equity.
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Provides weblinks to Spanish Health Information and Education Materials
- Social Determinants of Health - CDC Directory of Social Determinants of Health [pdf]
- Strategy For Achieving Health Equity - The National Stakeholder Strategy For Achieving Health Equity provides a roadmap for eliminating health disparities through cooperative and strategic actions. The report includes five over-arching goals and 20-related strategies for eliminating disparities.
- Community Toolkit for Community Action - An NPA Community Toolkit for Community Action has been developed for use by individuals and community organizations, for guidance in developing and implementing action steps to address factors related to health disparities.
- Asian American Council - Works to promote full participation in democratic process, develop awareness and appreciation of the diversity of Asian American cultures and the roles of Asian Americans in American history.
- LatinoDayton - Latino community resources. Components: Health, Education, Economic Empowerment, Quality of Life.
- Miami Valley Native American Council - The Miami Valley Council of Native Americans (TMVCNA)
- Community Health Centers of Greater Dayton - Improving the health of underserved communities in Dayton and the surrounding area by providing preventive and primary health care services, regardless of ability to pay. Insurances accepted.