The Research Review Panel serves to:
- Ensure that all research involving PHDMC data, staff, or clients supports the mission of PHDMC.
- Ensure that PHDMC staff are active collaborators on all proposals initiated by external researchers, where appropriate.
- Ensure that the Health Commissioner is aware of the findings from these endeavors and their public health implications.
Note: The Research Review Panel does not take the place of an Institutional Review Board (IRB). Research involving human subjects requires the review of the IRB.
Timeline and Procedures:
Generally, submissions to the Review Committee must be made at least two weeks prior to initiation of research. Electronic submissions are preferred. Please refer to Files - Research Request below for submission information.
Submissions should include:
- Proposal application cover sheet complete with signatures
- Summary of proposed research
- Confidentiality agreement signed by the principal investigator
- Any research tools such as a questionnaire or data collection tool
- A copy of documents used to obtain informed consent
- If the principal investigator is not an employee of PHDMC, a copy of a curriculum vitae
- Copy of Request to Local Registrar if request involves Vital Statistic Information
- University IRB approval (if required) or Exemption Form
- Medical Director
- Director of Nursing
- Director of Health Services
- General Legal Counsel
- PHDMC Staff with research experience